Evergreen Brickworks Farmers Market

 
One of my absolute most favourite things to do in the summer is to visit Farmer's Markets.

I love waking up super early on a Saturday morning (I'm talking like 6:45am early), getting what I need together (usually run to the market to get my morning workout in) and make my way out with my gorgeous pup, Scarlet.

I sometimes feel like we're the only ones who exist that early on a Saturday morning, it's nice. At that time the Moore Ravine is quiet, beautiful and serene.  It's the greatest path to take to get to my favourite Farmer's Market: The Evergreen Brickworks Market

What I bought ...

Local organic kale (because it's my new obsession) and Niagara organic cherries
Put them together and what do you got?  A strange Sarah-Lyn salad creation of course!



Cherry Kale Salad


3-4 bunches of fresh kale, chopped
1/2-1 cup of fresh cherries chopped (seeds removed)
1 tsp olive oil (for cooking)
1 tsp Mrs. Dash spice
3-4 fresh basil leaves chopped
1-2 tbsp of balsamic Vinaigrette
1/4 cup shopped or whole almonds (optional)

I basically mixed all the ingredients together in a pan and satayed with the olive oil and balsamic vinaigrette.

I also enjoyed the cherries in a nice bowl of organic rice crisp cereal.





Moore Ravine - Beltline trail

One of my most favourite booths at the market - this woman makes the most delicious, healthy and gluten-free backed goods!