Whole Foods, Fun Times

I have found Whole Foods Market to be  (so far) one of the best places in Toronto to find great vegan, vegetarian, organic, gluten-free or allergy and natural products for anything and everything you need for cooking, baking, food making and green living.

I could literally spend all day at this market.  Besides the endless isles to peruse they also have a fantastic food bar and eating area, an amazing bakery for all foodie types and great health and wellness section.

Here are just a few of the great products you can find there and that I picked up on my last visit for my weekend with the girls:


 I couldn't leave the market without at least getting one treat for Scarlet - these were for her!


I love daiya products, simply because if, as a vegan, you miss cheese, then try daiya.  It's delicious and it does melt when you need it to.


Gluten- and nut-free granola, can it get any better? Yes, just add cinnamon.  Granola for our Sunday breakfast parfaits.

The soyogurt for our Sunday breakfast parfaits.  I don't usually like to eat or drink a lot of soy but for now it seems the only non-dairy yogurt I have found is made from soy ... at least it's high in fiber.


Coconut oil is an excellent, healthy oil alternative for cooking and baking and especially for making raw desserts.

Agave Nectar is an amazing natural sweetener that is also fantastic for baking/cooking.  If you need sugar in your coffee or tea or anything else you enjoy, it's a great alternative especially to the while processed fine sugar you find in most stores.


I don't usually eat a lot of jam because I don't eat a lot of bread but I have found adding a spoonful of jam to my hot oatmeal in the morning gives it the perfect amount of sweetness and flavour.

I only bought this because it was on sale but I can't wait to add this to recipes and salad as dressing.  One of my favourite things about Whole Foods is the variety of oils they have.  Tired of olive oil? Try something different, sesame, walnut, almond, whatever it is, they seem to have it!

Happy Shopping!