Cleansing your Home: Spring Green Cleaning

photo source
It's never too late to start your Spring cleaning and with Summer just around the corner, now is as good a time as any to start (or finish).

I personally love to spend my hot summer days outdoors either walking, cycling or playing/doing my many other various sports or activities.

But sometimes it's nice to stay indoors (especially on rainy days) to relax and unwind ... and clean!? Yes, well cleaning for me can be relaxing and therapeutic. It's all in how you look at it ...

* I love going through my old stuff because one, I can find new uses for it sometimes or a new home for it at least (donate) and two, it reminds me of the past good times

* Cleaning your home can be therapeutic, in an odd way I feel like it helps to also clear my mind

* Who doesn't want and love a clean home!?

* The fresh scent of a clean space is refreshing and rewarding and though it may seem like a small thing, it can be very rewarding

* If you don't want to do it alone and find the whole cleaning thing boring or daunting why not bring the family together to help!  Ask your partner to help (wine helps with this scenario) or get your kids involved, you can even make it a game for them so it doesn't have to feel like a chore

The best part of cleaning nowadays is being able to do it the green and chemical-free way! There are so many "green" products now available that there really is no excuse not to use them, especially when you can even make your own!

For some great green cleaning tips check out Treehugger.com or TLC.