Wet 'n' Wild Toronto Marathon

Today was the Goodlife Toronto marathon which thankfully, I did not have to run in but I did however volunteer as a Bike marshal.  It was cold, wet, rainy, dirty, and did I mention, freaking cold!

Well, it's Sunday evening now and the races are long over so hopefully all runners are now warm in their beds and probably passed out I imagine.  After a hard marathon or even 4-5 hours of bike riding around the cold weather helping the runners, rest and good nutrition are key elements to great recovery.

One of my most favourite pre- and post-work-out drinks to have are protein smoothies (all vegan of course), super delicious and nutritious, here are two of my favourite, easy mixes.

 Cranberry Protein Smoothie

3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup water
1/2-3/4 cup of frozen (or fresh) cranberries (however many you like)
1 tsp sunflower butter
1 scoop of vanilla flavoured brown rice protein powder like Sunwarrior

Blend all ingredients together in a good blender and enjoy!

I like mine with ice.
 Green Banana Protein Smoothie

3/4 cup almond milk
1/4 cup water
1 medium ripe organic banana
1 tsp almond butter
1 scoop of vanilla flavoured Vega Sport Performance Protein

Blend all ingredients together in a good blender and enjoy!

I don't discriminate, I personally love most all raw vegan protein powders and sometimes like to mix it up to get the full benefits from each throughout the day.




Congratulations to all the amazing runners today!