Green Tip 10: Ban Those Bottles!


I can not emphasize the importance of this tip enough especially with how easy it is to avoid buying bottled water these days, so why do it!

Sadly, too many of us still don't realize how truly lucky we are to be live in North America where you can simply turn on our tap and voila, clean water readily available for you to drink, to bath in or cook with.

After traveling to parts of South America and Africa I can speak from experience and say we are truly blessed to have such a novelty here in Canada.  I will will never forget how happy I was one night, in my small hotel room in Xai Xai (Mozambique) when the shower tap started to flow water that was more then a trickle and was suddenly became warm to the touch. I was so happy in fact I started shouting at my roommate with excitement about it!

All too often we take the water we get (pretty much for free) for granted and too often buy bottled water instead.  Perhaps out of convenience or maybe some people are convinced it is somehow cleaner or fresher!? I doubt that, really.

So today's tip ... RETHINK BOTTLED WATER

Nearly 90% of plastic water bottles are not recycled, instead taking thousands of years to decompose. Buy a reusable container and fill it with tap water, a great choice for the environment, your wallet, and possibly your health. The EPA's standards for tap water are more stringent than the FDA's standards for bottled water.

Want to know more about why you should, check out this article from: Sustainable Footprint