Victoria's Secret Supermodel Workouts

I stumbled across an interview by Vogue with Victoria’s Secret supermodels. What do these women do to stay fit? They shared some of their favorite fitness routines.  Here are some great ways to get in shape.


Alessandra Ambrosio
“Yoga calms me down and also keeps me lean—it makes exercise feel easy,” the 30-year-old Brazilian says enthusiastically about regular 60-minute Lunch Box and Happy Hour classes at midtown’s mang’Oh studio. One month before a Victoria’s Secret show, however, she ups the ante with Leandro Carvalho’s Brazil Butt Lift workout. “It’s a hard-core mix of squats and dancing to Brazilian music!”
mang’Oh
322 East 39th Street
212.661.6655
mangohstudio.com

Cheesy video...but The results look good. Leandro Carvalho's workout DVD 


Lindsay Ellingson
“I was always involved in dance teams growing up,” says Ellingson. “Maybe that’s why I can’t stand running in a straight line on a treadmill now!” Every other week, she pops and breaks at Crunch gym’s Hip Hop classes; to round out her routine with strength training (while perfecting her sun salutation), she also squeezes in twice-weekly vinyasa sessions at Yoga Works. “When it comes to exercise, I don’t like anything that’s too serious,” she says.
Crunch
404 Lafayette Street
212.614.0120
crunch.com

Yoga Works
138 Fifth Avenue
212.647.9642
yogaworks.com


Erin Heatherton “I need to pay people to make me work out or I wouldn’t do it,” says Heatherton with a laugh. Lucky, then, that trainer Lynn Duffy is up for the challenge. The pair head no farther than the gym in Heatherton’s West Village apartment building, where the 22-year-old psychs herself up, three times a week, for a high-octane half-hour workout that has her switching between five-minute intervals of sprinting and power-walking on an incline. “It’s exhausting,” she says. “But then comes my favorite part—a half hour of yoga. I love the way it tones but also loosens you up.”
Lynn Duffy
646.321.0275


Lily Aldridge
Aldridge credits best friend Miranda Kerr for keeping her in shape. “Miranda introduced me to Justin Gelband four years ago,” reveals the newlywed, who meets with the New York City–based trainer three times a week. “My favorite thing is jumping on the Reformer, but we also kickbox and do a bunch of crunches and sit-ups. That section isn’t much fun, but the results are worth it!”
Justin Gelband
310.863.6705
justingelband.com

Justin Gelband with VS Model Selita Ebanks

Candice Swanepoel
“My body’s changing as I get older,” muses the 22-year-old South African model, who lifts, crunches, and squeezes with Gelband three consecutive days a week. “So I’m doing a lot more work with weights to keep muscle tone.” Her favorite exercise? “Kickboxing! I like that, as well as keeping fit, I can protect myself.”

Picture 1