Wallpaper Art

I love Thrifty Decor Chick!  She always has great ideas, and when I saw this post - I just had to do it. 

I chose my entryway "niche" for this project:





This art project was really easy.  It is just canvases covered in textured wallpaper that I painted. Lowes had their textured wallpaper on sale for something like $3 and I already had the canvases from another project that failed miserably.

I covered the canvases in wallpaper, then painted them (our cabinet color). Then I took a little of the paint I used on the wall that these go on and mixed it with the brown to make a slightly lighter hue. I very lightly rolled over the canvases with this color, and it highlighted the raised part and it barely touched the parts that weren't raised giving it a distressed look. Then I went over the raised parts again with a small brush with the plain wall color.




The Lovely mirrored creepy entryway before:




The pretty and thrifty after (thanks Sarah!!)




Total Cost?  $13!!! (2.50 for each canvas and $3 for the wallpaper)