Crazy Easy Wall Art!!!


I saw this idea in a Lowes Creative Ideas magazine and thought it was amazing.  I wish I had thought of it myself!



In the Lowes magazine, they used high quality stainable wood boards.  I opted for the more economical canvases:

Step 1. Paint your canvas that you got at JoAnne's for 50% off of $15.99 (or at least pretend like you're painting it because you forgot to get a picture of actually painting it. Don't forget your fake candid picture smile!)




2. Step 2- Align your rubber doormat that you got at Target for $19.99 on top of the canvas. The Doormat was slightly bigger than the canvas, so we taped off the outside border from the back.




Step 3. Apply your really cool $3.99 make-a-gun out of your spray paint can thingy (don't worry dad, it's not a real gun)



Step 4. Apply quick thin coats of spray paint



Step Five: Lift your doormat stencil off the canvas to reveal a BEAUTIFUL piece of art. Swoon.



Although I was originally planning on doing 4 of these, like I pictured here:



I decided on 3 because you're supposed to do things in odd numbers in design. It's a rule, I didn't make it up - but I think I might want to do 4 after all.  What do you think?









A huge thanks to Kimba at A Soft Place to Land for hosting DIY day.  Be sure to check out the party for other great ideas!