Big impact - Small budget. Faux Wainscoting



After finishing my mirror project, the dining wall just looked so plain.  It's a long wall with a lot of blank space, and I wanted it filled. 



Keeping the Tuba player's budget in mind I decided to do a faux wainscoting treatment that I've been wanting to do forever.

So I went to home depot and loaded up with some boards and got to work.  This whole project cost less than $40 and took one evening to install. 

I wanted the wainscoting to be somewhat on the tall side so I got some 4 foot boards (1/4 inch thick) and had them all cut at the same time to 3 feet.



We spaced them about 20 inches apart:



Then put one all the way across and topped it off with a chair rail:



Then it was PRIME TIME



And after two coats of paint, this is the final product:










Before:



After:



Just a few hours and around $35, and a huge transformation.

Thanks to between naps on the porch for letting play in your Metamorphosis Monday
feel free to take a look around at the rest of my projects, and stay tuned for more!