Post Fight Indulgence: I ♥ Banana Bread

This week I was itching to bake for myself especially since my training/diet regime when I wasn't able to as much, so I decided to make banana bread - one of my all-time favourite foods ever and one of my most favourite flavours ever.

So I was thrilled to find this gluten-free banana bread recipe on one of my favourite websites: Taste of Home.

The recipe on the website makes two loaves but I only made one since I can't eat a loave that fast ... well, actually I probably could eat it in one day but I know I really, really, REALLY shouldn't!



Gluten-free Chocolate Banana Bread

Ingredients - Makes 12 servings
I made a few substitutions from the original recipe

1 cups gluten-free flour
1/2 tsp baking soda
Pinch teaspoon salt
1 egg + 2 egg whites
1 cup mashed ripe bananas (2 large)
1/2 cup agave nectar
1/4 cup unsweetened applesauce
1/4 cup canola oil
1/2 tsp vanilla extract
1/4 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips (or walnuts)

In a large bowl, combine the flour, baking soda and salt. In a small bowl, whisk the egg whites, banana, agave, applesauce, oil and vanilla. Stir into dry ingredients just until moistened.  Fold in chocolate chips.  Optional: Sprinkle with walnuts (I omitted this because I used chocolate).

Transfer to two 8-in. x 4-in. loaf pans coated with cooking spray. Sprinkle with walnuts. Bake at 350° for 45-55 minutes or until a toothpick inserted near the center comes out clean. Cool for 10 minutes before removing from pans to wire racks.
 
Yield: 1 loave

Enjoy!