Simply, Cool Cucumber with Sweet Tomatoes and Rice




Fresh Golden Mini Tomatoes from my garden
Just over a week in our new apartment and Mike and I have managed to enjoy home-made barbecued meals just about every night!  I was just happy to have him do most of the cooking while I sat back and enjoyed our lovely new deck. Two nights ago however, not feeling my best (actually feeling sick as as a dog) I couldn't bare to face the BBQ or the outdoors for that matter.

So, I took it easy and made something simple and just as delicious with fresh ingredients our my container garden and my father's garden. What I made, I share with you now:




Tomatoes from my garden and cucumbers from my Father's garden with Rice

Brown Rice, Cucumber and Tomato Salad
Makes about 8 regular servings.

Ingredients
* 1-1.5 cups of cooked brown basmati and wild rice
* 1 large cucumber, chopped into cubes
* 1 cup of golden mini tomatoes, sliced in half
* 2-3 tbsp of Asian Sesame dressing (or any dressing of your choice)
* Salt and pepper to taste (I went very easy on both)

Mix all ingredients together well, and enjoy!