Green Tip 23: The Heat is On, Turn it off


I don't know about you but I always wear a nice outfit and heels when I'm cooking a huge roast! Oh wait, no, I would never cook that lol ... or would I ever dress this way when cooking.  Oh 1950's, you make me giggle. :)


DO NOT PRE-HEAT THE OVEN ... unless you really, really, really have to

Unless you are making bread or pastries (or cupcakes!), don't pre-heat the oven. Just turn it on when you put the dish in. Also, when checking on your food, look through the oven window instead of opening the door.

This will save energy and possibly time :)

It's still cold outside but the summer is coming and I know it, I feel it, I really, really want it! Try to turn your heat down or off early this year and save energy and money.  Want to keep warm? Snuggle in a comfy sweater or with that special someone (and yes, dogs and cats count).