Green Tip 1: Goodnight Computer

http://techgenie.com/latest/how-to-turn-off-your-computer-properly/

TURN OFF YOUR COMPUTERS AT NIGHT! No, seriously!

How often do we really do this? I know I'm  guilty of leaving not only my work computer on over night but my laptop on all night as well!  I knew sooner or later that would have to change especially when I realized what a complete waste of energy that is just so that I can save a couple of minutes in the morning booting it up again!? Doesn't make sense does it.

So fortunately that day came sooner, I have already been doing this at work, shutting down my computer everyday when I leave.  In the morning it literally takes less then 2 minutes to start it up again and in that time you can go get a coffee, a glass of water or set up your paper work - it's really a no brainer!

My real fault is my home computer, I am ashamed to admit that I leave it on at night out of pure laziness, I watch something online, get sleepy and then just leave it on ...bad, bad, bad.  Well, no more!

So, why shut down?

By turning off your computer instead of leaving it in sleep mode, you can save 40 watt-hours per day. That adds up to 4 cents a day, or $14 per year.

Might not seem like much but when you add up all the computers in your office, home, anywhere else and multiply that by the billion computers out there, that's a lot of energy and money going to waste!


Just saying.