What to Eat when Not eating Meat, Dairy or Gluten

I discovered this soup when I was trying to find a more creative way to eat beans ... then I remembered I loved creamy soups but not eating dairy! So I found an alternative that fit my diet and was good for my training too, since I need the high-protein.

Now, it's been argued that this "soup" looks more like a dip, which in all honestly it can be.  It all depends on the ratio of water to beans.  In this version it came out a little thicker then expected but I just heat it up and enjoy it with some gluten-free crackers or chopped red pepper.  Here's the recipe:






Ingredients

- 3 cups of freshly boiled beans (can use any type, red, black, kidney) - I keep the skins on them
- 1 cup of Salsa (your choice form mild, medium to HOT!)
- 1 cup of warm water

Directions

1. Blend the cooked beans in a food processor on high for about 3 minutes, until mostly pureed.
2. Add Salsa, blend agon on high for about 2 minutes.
3. Add water (more or less depending on the consistancy you want) and again on high blend everything until well mixed, about 4-5minutes.
4. Scrap down the sides of the processor with a spatula to make sure no chunks are left behind.

The great thing about this "soup" is that it can be served cold or hot.  I prefer hot.

5. Pour your blended mixture into a stove top medium-sized pot and warm at medium-high heat for about 10-12 minutes.  Try not to let it boil too much as it can burn.

Makes about 5-6 servings.

Enjoy!