Family Lunch


For my father's birthday weekend and as a treat for my family I made them a lunch, which included: salad, butter chicken, roasted sweet potatoes, vegetables and rice.

Strawberry Spinach Salad with cashews and balsamic vinigarette
A very basic salad I tossed together which included spinach, fresh sliced strawberries, cashews and balsamic vinigarette.

Asparagus and Carrots in Spicy Maple Glaze
I found this gluten-free recipe at a great website called Recipegirl.com, here's the link:  Asparagus and Carrots with maple butter sauce

Amazing Sweet Potato Wedges
I also found this recipe online, the original recipe is from this site: Cate's World Kitchen.  I altered the recipe a bit, I only used all-natural peanut butter (no almond butter) and cut my sweet potatoes in to wedges and baked them that way.  They were still soooooooo yummy!

Last but not least I did make butter chicken, which tasted amazing and was a lot easier to make then I thought just a bit time consuming.  To perfect this recipe it's all about timing.  I found this recipe on the Key Ingredient website (that's where I get my recipes to load my Demy).

Butter Chicken
4 pieces Boneless, Skinless Chicken Breasts
5 cloves Garlic, Minced
1 teaspoon Salt
½ teaspoons Black Pepper
½ teaspoons Cayenne Pepper
¼ teaspoons Ground Coriander
¼ teaspoons Cumin
¼ teaspoons Cardamom
1 whole Lime, Juiced
1 whole Onion, Diced
¼ cups Butter
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Tomato Sauce
1 can (14.5 Oz. Can) Petite Diced Tomatoes
1 pint Whipping Cream
1 bunch Chopped Cilantro, to taste
2 cups Basmati Rice (or However Much You Want)

Combine first 9 ingredients and marinate overnight.

Saute the onion in the butter until soft. Add marinated chicken and cook about 10 minutes. Add the tomato sauce and diced tomatoes. Cook for 30 minutes over medium-low heat with the lid on. Add the whipping cream (can use light cream or half-and-half instead) and cilantro just before serving over Basmati rice.

And for dessert .... Applesauce-Spice Cupcakes!