A Girl's Mini Weekend Vacation

I really love having family over for a weekend.  I rarely have company for an overnight stay so it was a nice treat - a good excuse for them and myself to relax, which is exactly what my sister, niece and I did a couple of weekends ago in Toronto.
Sorry sis, just had to post this one, it's too funny! Love your face and Bela looks beautiful.


Since this is a food blog after all I share with you dinner: pizza!  Not just any pizza though, a pizza split down the middle and quartered on one side.  This is what happens when you have three people, one vegan, one kid and different food preferences.

My niece was simple - sauce, cheese, pepperoni, zucchini and green onion.  My sister's side and mine were similar with just a meat difference; hers prosciutto and mine, vegan "chicken" - mmm, good.


 Lunch the next day, a nice stir-fry over rice, loaded with warm veggies and dressing.


Downtown, at Yonge and Dundas Square for the Lighting Ceremony, Circus Orange, mall wondering, and hot cocoa.