Stuffed.


'Tis the season to be stuffing - stockings, vegetables, turkey, ourselves!  So today's blog is devoted to the recent vegetables I stuffed and then stuffed myself and Mike with and it was good.


Stuffed Acorn Squash
This lovely acorn squash (probably one of my favourites) is filled with red pepper, onion, nutritional yeast, olive oil, cumin, salt, cayenne and bread crumbs - simple but effective and super tasty!

Be sure to coat the squash with a bit of olive oil too, to bring out more flavour and to keep everything from sticking together.

For my butternut squash I scrapped out more of the inside (a tough job, good arm workout) because the hollow part is very small as you can see in the top-most photo.  I wanted more room to add more vegetables.

Stuffed Butternut Squash
I filled this baby with chopped green pepper, yellow pepper, zucchini, carrot, onion, broccoli, add nutritional yeast, almond butter, olive oil, cumin and cayenne (my favourite spice combo), salt, and topped with bread crumbs.


Stuffed Eggplant
Same idea, different vegetable.  I scooped out most of the inside of this massive eggplant to fill with zucchini, carrots, pepper, onion, bits of left over butternut squash, broccoli, and added almond butter, olive oil, nutritional yeast, cumin, cayenne, salt, and of course bread crumbs on top it all off.

I baked most of these at 350F for about 45-55 minutes depending on the size of the vegetable.  The butternut squash will take the longest.

What else can we stuff?

I recently bought two massive green peppers, perfect for stuffing and can't wait to do so, which I think will be tonight.  Found this great vegan recipe on a website called Sweet Salty Spicy that I think I'll try.

Please share your comments, questions, suggestions with me - would love to hear your thoughts!

Cheers!