Spooky Good Hallow e'en

I love Hallow e'en! For as long as I can remember I have always loved it and everything about it, so this year my partner and I decided to host a big party in our small bachelor mid-Toronto apartment.  It was interesting cramming 20+ people in there but none-the-less everyone had a great time!
___________________________________________________________________


The spread included: Flat bread cut out into Hallow e'en shapes and toasted with guacamole, salsa and red pepper dip; roasted pumpkin seeds, black berries, red grapes, black olives, rosemary and basil crisp crackers...
... popchips with red pepper dip, red grapes ... 

... apples and roasted mini seasoned potatoes. For dessert, decadent Mexican hot chocolate vegan cupcakes of course with drizzled caramel sauce on top.  There was much more food included, as guests came they brought some good food for all to share.

I also made red sangria and "screwed up" drivers (seen here, a combo of black vodka + orange juice).  I got the idea from none other but Martha Stewart.  I simply added black dye to the vodka I used, poured orange juice in the glass first and then slowly added the vodka so that it would sit on top - very cool and creepy effect.
No corner of the apartment was left untouched!

Thanks to the inspiring ideas from Martha Stewart's Halloween books I put together quite a few fun and spooky decorations for the place including, a spider nest and webs everywhere, white sheets over all the furniture, hanging black and cheesecloth drapes, alien heads in the hallway, spider toothpicks, candles, bloody frames and much more.

You know it's a good party when someone burns their hair, two fires are started and a glass bottle breaks.  Good times.