Rice Noodles and Apple Crumble


A week at home, mostly to myself, really just wasn't long enough! Just before I knew it it was back to work and the holiday season was just a blur, a faint memory in my mind, didn't help that I was sick for most of it.

I did, however, manage to make a few fantastic recipes from my vegan cook books like Spring Sesame Noodles (pictured above) that I made from my newest addition to the book collection, Ripe from Around Here by Jae Steele.  I made a few adjustments to the recipe for my liking.



And for dessert it was Apple Crumble; I followed a recipe in the book but really revised it to make apple crumble instead of Pear Ginger Amaranth Crumble, which also sounds amazing!

Another great recipe from the book and probably my new all-time favourite is the Rainbow Dragon Bowl. 

Here's how I made mine:



Step 1: Base, about 2/3 cup cooked quinoa.


Step 2: Add Spinach, chopped up or whole pieces.



Step 3: I added radicchio because that's what I had available but the recipe calls for red cabbage.



Step 4: Add Shredded carrot.


Step 5: Add sauteed or baked tofu "steaks" - recipes in the book but any will do.


Lastly, top off with sprouts and I added sunflower seeds.

I must say the dressing was the best part, amazing! It's one of my staple dressings now ...

Dragon Sauce
from Ripe from Around Here, p. 203

1/4 cup nutritional yeast
3 tbsp  grapeseed or olive oil
2 tbsp 100% maple syrup
2 tbsp tamari soy sauce
2 tbsp filtered water
1 large garlic clove, crushed or 1/2 tsp ground garlic (optional)

Combine all ingredients until mixed well.  Keeps for a few days.  Best to make this sauce fresh when using.