Keepin' it Simple During my Move

On the menu this week, salad, salad and more salads - at least I did my best to keep it that way with a few sandwich exceptions.

I've been busy, busy, busy this summer with helping my best-friend prep for her wedding, to moving to a new apartment all the while training for with my dragon boat team, cross training and boxing, oh and not to mention getting ready for my trip to Mozambique this summer too, I simply don't know how I find time to cook anymore!

So, I kept it simple this week ...

Simple Big Green Cool Salad

3-4 romaine lettuce leaves, washed and chopped
1 small cucumber, chopped
2/3 cup snow peas, tips trimmed (about one large handful)
3-4 mushrooms, chopped
1/2 of one avocado, sliced
A handful of sunflower sprouts
1 tbsp Dijon mustard
1/2 tbsp honey
Salt and pepper for taste (optional)

1. In a medium size bowl mix together the first four ingredients.

2. Add the Dijon mustard and honey and mix well to cover all the vegetables.  Add salt and pepper for taste if desired.

3. When ready to serve top off your salad bowl with a few slices of avocado and a handful of sunflower sprouts.

*Add protein to this dish? I would toss in a few cubes of tofu.

Simple Warm Evening Salad

1 small package of spinach vermicelli noodles
1/2 a red onion, chopped
2/3 cup snow peas, tips trimmed (about one large handful)
1/2 cup cooked chickpeas
1/2 an apple sliced
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1/2 tbsp of natural peanut butter
Salt and pepper for taste (optional)

1. In a large skillet on med-high heat, satay the red onion in about 1 tsp of olive oil for about one minute.

2. Then add the snow peas, mushrooms, chickpeas and apple and let cook for about 3-4 minutes.

3. Add 1 tbsp of the balsamic vinegar and turn off the stove top.

4. Add the peanut butter and mix together well.

5. In a medium saucepan bring water to a boil and cook the vermicelli noodles for about 4 - 5 minutes.  Remove from heat, strain and transfer to a bowl.

6. Top the noodles off with your vegetable stir-fry, can add salt and pepper for taste.

Enjoy!