My New Vegan Cookbook

For my birthday, my wonderful girlfriends bought me a great big vegan cook book - 500 recipes! I was very delighted but I only had time this week to finally make something from it.

I chose something simple, with few ingredients, but warm, yummy and a perfect dish to welcome the cool weather ...




Coconut Curry Carrot Soup
From 500 Vegan Recipes, p 134


2 cups vegetable broth
1 can (414ml) coconut milk
1 lb peeled and chopped carrots
1 tbsp yellow curry powder
1 tbsp minced garlic
salt and pepper, to taste (optional)

Add all the ingredients in a large pot and bring to a boil.  Reduce to simmer for about 10 minutes or until the carrots are tender.  Using a blender purée the soup until smooth and "creamy."

Yield: 5 servings

Mike and I, who both enjoyed the soup last night, thought adding ground ginger would have been a really nice touch - next time!